To help out my employer, the City of Calgary, I’ve been posting some of the positions available in Communications. Here’s one that is currently posted and a number of positions will be filled based on this posting, including a position in Web and Digital Services. The posting closes JANUARY 24, 2013:
Basic Job Information
Posting Title: Communication Consultant
Business Unit/Section: Customer Services & Communications
Location: Various Locations in Various Business Units
Union/Position: Exempt/Permanent #TBD and Temporary (up to 12 months)
Compensation: Exempt Level D
$65,991 – 98,243 per annum
Hours of Work: This position works a standard 35 hour work week.
Business Unit Information
A fast-paced and innovative business unit, Customer Service & Communications (CSC) fosters an environment of ongoing learning in order to communicate effectively with Calgarians and employees. CSC supports 29 business units by providing a range of customer, communications and marketing services, such as Canada’s first 3-1-1 operation, communication planning, issue and crisis communications, media relations, employee communications and engagement consultation, as well as creative services, including writing, graphic design, web site management, multi-media production and media buying. See http://www.calgary.ca/csc for more information.
Come join our Communications team where we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities, a variety of work, a competitive package, and other flexible work options that can work for you. We have opportunities for highly motivated communications professionals to fill a permanent or temporary role as a Communications Consultant in various business units. These positions may be physically embedded with the specific client group or business unit.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead and coordinate communication initiatives for key projects in the client’s business plan.
- Develop and manage strategic and tactical marketing and communication plans on behalf of the client or the CSC business unit including development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and continuous improvement, utilizing a variety of communications mediums and channels (video, briefing notes, speeches, creative collateral development, web and digital content, etc.).
- Provide communications support for reports to Council and Committees.
- Liaise with internal corporate communications and marketing areas to access corporate channels, tools and available training.
- Foster and sustain open, collaborative partnerships with peers and other business unit communication teams to ensure alignment and continuous improvement.
- Supervise and/or mentor a small team of communications professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must possess a degree in Communications or a related field with a minimum six years of progressive related experience which includes strategic and tactical marketing and communications planning, as a communications generalist. A designation in Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Accreditation in Public Relations (APR), Communications & Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) or Communications Campaign Planning Program Professional (CCPP) will be considered assets.
Success in this position requires strong consulting, negotiation, communication, leadership, project management and relationship building skills.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
More than one position may be filled from this competition.